The magic of St Kilda, Melbourne
St Kilda Pier is one of the most magical spots in Melbourne. You can spend hours on the pier on a sunny evening, simply doing nothing at all. Time will fly, and so will your thoughts. They say that a picture says a thousand words. This one speaks millions. It was taken right from the edge of the St Kilda Pier.
As the Spirit of Tasmania left the shores of Melbourne, the sea was calm and the cool breeze made for a picture perfect summer evening. Beach goers were beginning to pack their stuff up. They were tired from a day full of sun, sand, beer, drinks and a lot of fun. As the sun was setting, penguins made their way to the little penguin colony at the far end of the pier. Tourists love flocking this place. Why wouldn’t they? Its absolute magic!
A little bit about St Kilda, Melbourne
St Kilda as a suburb is the place to be in Melbourne if you want to have some fun. From a vibrant night life to a well connected public transport system, the suburb has it all. But like every other good thing in life, nothing is perfect and nor is St Kilda. The suburb has its own rough patches and was earlier known for being a not-so-safe place to be past midnight. But that is a thing of the past and the suburb, even the gloomy corners, have been cleaned of the filth. So what makes St Kilda one of Melbourne’s most loved suburb? Here are some of the very obvious reasons.
- St Kilda is on the beach
- It has many, many tourist spots including Luna Park
- St Kilda Pier is the perfect place for a romantic walk or even a nice meal at the classy restaurant at the end of the pier
- The suburb has a thriving night life, even on a weekday!
- From Fish and Chips to Italian to Mexican to Sushi to a Steak House, St Kilda has got it all – Satisfy all your gastronomical delights here
- St Kilda is well connected to Melbourne CBD by Trams, Trains and Bus – Trams are most popular!
- If you like the beach, a laid back attitude and lot of good times, live in St Kilda – At least once in your life!